Re: Backups failing after Data Guard configuration

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:30:12 -0600

Thanks for the suggestions. The database is absolutely registered in the catalog. Backups failed only when log apply was happening. Shortly after log apply was turned off, backups began working again.

I had reviewed that same link before posting here and had ruled it out as the issue.

Applied logs currently are removed manually once a day ensuring that only applied logs are deleted.

I did find the same DBID in a second recovery catalog that is not used for production databases. That database was decomissioned 4 months ago but the entries never removed from the catalog. I removed those entries Friday afternoon and backups have not had any problems since that time.

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.