ORA-16806 on Logical Standby after primary flips over to Physical Standby

From: dd yakkali <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:29:44 -0700

Fellow DBAs,

oracle 11.1.0.7 on RHEL4 single instance database, with 1 Physical standby ( max avialability & FastStart Failover) and 1 logical standby all running the same version.

We are having an issue with logical standby when ever there is a primary flips to Physical standby. We are getting ORA-16806 – supplemental logging is not turned on.

My question, does logical standby survive through primary failovers? If yes then is there any thing I have to do so that I do not get this error?

thanks
Deen