Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 01:01:41 +0800

Hi Dimitre,

I'm also curious about that.. especially on this

"Unlike most multipath drivers, PowerPath will support full multipath capabilites even with the regular names. PowerPath and ASMLib now work together successfully."

so I asked some friends from EMC. So we are still waiting for the EMC support for their answer.

But for a really definitive answer.. if you have a test or r&d environment you can unplug the storage cable connection and see if the fail-over works even if there's no scanorder or scanexclude. And if this does not work, it will be just a simple configuration file change and restart of the nodes.

--
Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com