oracle 11.2.0.2 HAIP

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:10:22 -0500

Well, I have been doing an 11.2.0.2 installation. Digging into the details after discovering that we are not supposed to use IPMP, I found out that it uses an oracle technology called HAIP (High Availablility IP perhaps?) So, I set this up and it responds per the Oracle document 1210883.1. However, when I proceed to the failover test by shutting down one of the interfaces, we lose asm and instances on node 2, which tells me its not set up right. Has anyone found a document on how to set this up? I did have to set it up manually using oifcfg, and I suppose I can do a complete uninstall/reinstall. However, I dont think thats the issue since everything else shows up as the documents says. Has anyone set this up on solaris, or have any idea what document or information on how to debug this problem?

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 14 2011 - 08:10:22 CDT

Original text of this message