Re: fdisk against the existing datagroup DISK

From: Masha Gurenich <gurenich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:54:11 -0400

thank you, gurus.
together with oracle support we were able to almost painlessly recover the corrupted header using only one tool: kfed. we figured that only one block was re-written. the DISK6 became CANDIDATE as soon as I did fdisk. when running querydisk it showed: "Disk "DISK6" does not exist or is not instantiated" we then ran kfed merge and it became a member again and after scandisks DISK6 became a valid ASM disk again.

So i was veeery close to bringing my shop down and rebuilding the whole thing, but God had mercy on me and i only was scared to death.

Thanks a lot for everybody who replied.