Re: ASM and EMC PowerPath

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:47:46 +0200

Hi Karl,
yes, I understand that asmlib will work with any valid path to the disks, but in order to actually use the multipath, you need to configure it correctly (check MOS Note 394956.1).

You seem to have the default configuration (no scanorder and/or scanexclude),
if on reboot (or after scandisk) asmlib chooses a path different than the multipath
and the chosen path becomes unavailable, you won't be able to access those disks
no more (you'll get errors).

If you configure the access to the disks with asmlib (via scanorder or scanexclude)
through the multipath, the disks will remain accessible even if you loose one or more
of the paths to those disks (assuming at least one path is still available).

Best regards
Dimitre