Re: streams capture specify SCN without dbms_cature_adm.build

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:35:21 +0100

Ujang,

As I read that thread bpolarsk is talking about determining if a data dictionary build has already been dumped to the redo stream to determine the furthest back in time you *could* create a new streams process from. This still requires a dictionary build to have happened at some point though. Streams needs the source dictionary for correct interpretation of the lcrs (and likely some other information as well).

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> according to bpolarsk, theoretically it is possible...
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=966766&tstart=225
>
> may be someone here had proved the theory?
>

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The build is required for data dictionary build to be dumped into the
> > redo stream which can then be used to populated the MVDD.
> >
> > If you didn't do the dictionary build then you won't be able to start
> > your capture process (it will be in "waiting for dictionary redo"
> > forever).
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> dear lists,
> >>
> >> we had done impdp, and didn't do dbms_capture_adm.build before expdp.
> >> but we noted the scn before expdp and specify that SCN during expdp.
> >>
> >> so my question, can we set SCN for the capture process
> >> by using dbms_logmnr.start_logmnr(STARTSCN...
> >> ... OPTIONS=> DBMS_LOGMNR_D.STORE_IN_REDO_LOGS);
> >>
> >> we are in 10.2.0.1
> >>

> >> --
> >> thanks and regards
> >> ujang jaenudin