RE: streams capture specify SCN without dbms_cature_adm.build

From: Upendra N <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:53:08 -0400

It is not necessary that you run the dictionary build procedure as long as there aren't any schema changes.

You could try to set the instantiation SCN at the target site using the following procedure and initiate the streams: begin

    dbms_apply_adm.set_schema_instantiation_scn (

    source_schema_name    => '<schema>',
    source_database_name  => '<dbname>',
    instantiation_scn     => SCN########,
    recursive             => true);

end;
/

In most instances you may be successful, worst case if you see errors for a few objects, you could refresh only those objects.

-Upendra