Re: RE: Do you ask the question: How do I work with Oracle Support....?

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:52:06 -0600

Most of the time, I think I liked Oracle Support better when you had no choice but to talk with somebody on the phone (late 80's, early 90's). At least then you had a chance of communicating with someone that knew what they were talking about, even if their accent was so bad you could barely understand them.

Now, I only use MOS when I absolutely, positively have to deal with them. Most of my problems and questions can be fairly easily found and applied by simply doing a Google search, which unsurprisingly, often returns results from this mail list. If I still fail, then I'll try the OTN Forums, and I still haven't found an answer, then I'll finally try MOS.

Like many others have said above, the repetition of uploading the same file (or set of files), over and over, and when your analyst switches, repeating the whole proces over again with the new guy, is rather monotonous. And like others have said, I also feel quite often that the analyst merely provides a quick, non-sensical reply simply to get it out of their queue and back onto yours so their metrics look better. I see this quite often with how our organization's (Non-)Help Desk works.

--

  • Bill Ferguson