Re: Resize SYSAUX datafile

From: Ricard Martínez <ricard.martinez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:57:28 +0200

Hi
I will explain better myself.
Oracle 10.2.0.4, i want to reduce SYSAUX datafile, cause after purging statistics it have 5G, but only 800M used (ye i know disk is cheap, but isnt my call)

I have use *Reduce SYSAUX tablespace occupancy due to fragmented TABLE's and INDEX'es [ID 1271178.1]

*When rebuilding tables to tbs sysaux, i hit some:

ORA-25191: cannot reference overflow table of an index-organized table (for example SYS.SYS_IOT_OVER_9830)
and
ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype (for example SYSMAN.MGMT_PORTLET_PREFERENCE_STORE) I understand both errors are normal for some tables, so only can do is ignore them.

Then i procced to rebuild indexes, and hit some:

ORA-28650: Primary index on an IOT cannot be rebuilt (for example SYSMAN.MGMT_DB_INIT_PARAMS_ECM_PK) Normal too.

Then after doing this if i check how much space can resize i see that only can resize 20m down, cause HWM is very high.

Then i tried to do Shrink space cascade on tables and hit:

ORA-10631: SHRINK clause should not be specified for this object (for example SYS.WRI$_OPTSTAT_HISTHEAD_HISTORY) ORA-10662: Segment has long columns (for example EXFSYS.EXF$PLAN_TABLE)

So not able to resize because HWM still too high.

The only i can check still is to move all occupants of SYSAUX that can be moved (SELECT occupant_name, schema_name, move_procedure, move_procedure_desc FROM v$sysaux_occupants;), but there are some that cant, and i wonder if this would help me or not.

So my question is:
Have been anyone able to resize down the SYSAUX tablespaces with any method, trick, metalink note??
Thanks