RE: Do you ask the question: How do I work with Oracle Support....?

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:59:28 -0700

I get a great experience less than 10% of the time.

I have SR opened from 3+ months ago where analyst is clueless.

Provided test case and example as well.

Attempted to escalate and still have gone nowhere.

Michael Dinh

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE. If the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail you received. Thank you. From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Robert Freeman Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 2:45 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Do you ask the question: How do I work with Oracle Support....?

My new itch of late is Oracle support and trying to help customers work effectively with Oracle support. I hear a lot of people complain about support. Sometimes the complaints are valid but just as often I find that people don't understand how to work the support organization. As a result of these observations I thought I'd share a few tidbits over the next few weeks for you to review and comment on. Note, I don't work for the support organization and I'm well aware that people have had great experiences and not so great experiences with support. I find though, in general, the more you know how to work with the support organization, the better the results you will get.

With that, today I'd suggest that you log into Metalink and review Oracle Note 166650.1 for additional information about the My Oracle Support Portal and Working Effectively with Oracle Support. This note will give you a good over view of working with the Oracle support organization.

Also Oracle is starting a series of "Adviser Webcasts". The webcasts will cover a number of topics over time to help you leverage Oracle support and several key features found in the my Oracle Support portal. The first of the webcasts include Certification searches for database product certifications and the ORA-600/7445 troubleshooting tool. Please take a look at note 1300014.1 for more information on these and future webcast events.

I'm posting this over to my blog (see my siggy below) and I hope to find the time to get my blog rolling again as time permits.

Cheers all!

Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation, Oracle ACE Author of various books on RMAN, New Features and this shorter signature line. Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com Note: THIS EMAIL IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ORACLE COMMUNICATION. It is just the opinion of one Oracle employee. I can be wrong, have been wrong in the past and will be wrong in the future. If your problem is a critical production problem, you should always contact Oracle support for assistance. Statements in this email in no way represent Oracle Corporation or any subsidiaries and reflect only the opinion of the author of this email.