Re: how to find dbms_stats progress in 11g ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:03:50 +0100

It doesn't quite apply to this case (250 indexes on one table), but I started scribbling a note last night (probably publish it tonight) about using the "LIST" options with dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats() to see how far the corresponding "GATHER" option has got. Not sure if it could be warped to do the same for a single "gather_table_stats" - but an easy option would be to "select index_name, last_analyzed" for the table where the last_analyzed is earlier than the start of job.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

  • Original Message ----- From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com> To: "oracle_l" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 6:40 AM Subject: Re: how to find dbms_stats progress in 11g ?