Re: How to install 2 set of Oracle Clusterware into the same machines?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:39:51 +0200

This is much more simple then your first question.

I asked a little and got this advice:

Stop replicate of the OCR and voting.

On the DR side:
1) Make sure the the disk groups name, in ASM, are different from the disk group names on the production side. 2) Use DBCA and build a new RAC database with the same name as the production. This will cause CRS to handle this database. 3) Stop the new database and delete all it's files.

When You need to activate the database in the DR:

  1. Activate the disks.
  2. include them in ASM.
  3. Start the database.

Now you will have 2 databases working in the new RAC on the DR side.

Yechiel Adar
Israel