Re: Problems uninstallin db

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:45:24 +0100

Good afternoon

Doesn't dbca also look at the oratab? It certainly complains when you try creating a database and there is an entry in oratab without corresponding database. Try removing the entries from all oratabs and restart dbca. If all else fails, try turning on tracing (there is a mos note on this).

Regards,

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach

  • Reply message ----- From: "Subodh Deshpande" <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com> Date: Mon, Mar 28, 2011 17:31 Subject: Problems uninstallin db To: <pnedeljkovich_at_georgianc.on.ca> Cc: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

also check your environment variables it is pointing to which databse SID and oracle home..and inventory locations as well..

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY