Re: how to find dbms_stats progress in 11g ?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:53:36 +0100

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Prem <premj_at_rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Friends ,
>
> In 11g , is there a way to find the progress of dbms_stats.gather stats job
> ?
>
> one of my peer has got a siebel table with 250 indexed columns . While
> gathering stats using
> dbms_stats , he would like to know how many columns are complete and how
> many are left
> out ? This stats job usually takes 2~3 hours and he is curious to know the
> progress .

Hi,

Check session in v$session_longops

SQL> select opname, sofar/totalwork from v$session_longops where sid = <sid> and sofar/totalwork <> 1 and totalwork<>0;

OPNAME
SOFAR/TOTALWORK

Gather Database Statistics
.301780694

Or if you have license for diagnostic pack you can watch SQL related to statistics gathering in v$sql_monitor and v$sql_plan_monitor. There is number of processed rows in v$sql_plan_monitor, but in my opinion v$session_longops should be enough.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com