Re: Audit Vault?

From: Andre van Winssen <dreveewee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:10:35 +0200

Hi Scott,
you need to apply audit vault patch 10.2.3.2.4 which includes fixes for audit vault os audit file/syslog collectors using 100% CPU, not to mention fixes for the vulnerabilities covered by CPU of January 2011 for audit vault. This audit vault patch requires you to patch the audit vault repository to 10.2.0.4.4 at the minimum first as some of the fixes in the av patch require the database patch.

I am not sure if an Oracle reps will tell you this info. They usually act as "oral whitepapers".

Despite some of the bugs I myself am quite charmed by the product : it uses database vault, streams, network encryption and seems quite stable if you patch it to the latest. Just make sure you install the audit purging job on the source databases.

Regards,
Andre van Winssen