RE: Pinning Packages on the shared pool

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:07:56 -0400

> Our appliction team has requested (as per vendor's recommendations), to pin the frequently used packages...

Maybe I'm missing something here, so comments are welcome. If these 6 to 8 are used frequently, then they will never page out from the LRU list no? so in essence will always be in memory, (or at least almost all of the time).

So.... are we not complicating something that is essentially not needed?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Prabhu Krishnaswamy Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:50 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Pinning Packages on the shared pool

Lists,

Our appliction team has requested (as per vendor's recommendations), to pin the frequently used packages (around 6 to 8 packages) on the shared pool. We thought of pinning the packages using the DB Startup trigger, so every time DB recyles, those packages gets included on the memory. Is there any other better way of handling this rather than using the startu trigger. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Prabhu