VS: Re: [SPAM] oracle-l Digest V8 #84

From: Timo Raitalaakso <rafu_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:09:30 +0200

Timo wrote:
Hibernate is not a reason for a problematic query. It is just another SQL generator.

Michael wrote:
I respectfully disagree. While Hibernate IS a SQL generator, it is a particularly horrible one.

Actually I agree. Have you found a good SQL query generator? It is not Hibernates fault that the query is what it is. Someone has written the code using a framework. The coder should know how to use Hibernate. It is possible to use it wisely. That is hard and needs knowledge. It takes too long time to learn using Hibernate wisely.

Writing a complex query using criteria api = digging your own grave. Use SQL with a complex case. Hibernate makes a simple case easily. But it also might make a easy case inefficiently when used foolishly. It is so easy to use Hibernate inefficiently by accident.

So happy. Our latest project without Hibernate. It took only seven years to unlearn a bad habbit.

--

Timo Raitalaakso
http://rafudb.blogspot.com

--