Re: reviews of Oracle SELF-STUDY CD COURSE

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:45:06 -0400

yes that is correct, I teach OCA class here for Nationwide Insurance, and to get OCA does not require an instructor led course.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com> To:
aluoor_at_gmail.com
Cc:
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date:
03/24/2011 12:43 PM
Re: reviews of Oracle SELF-STUDY CD COURSE Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

For OCP (I don't think OCA requires it) you need to attend an instructor-led course, so no, the CDs will not be enough. Check the certifications page in OTN for a list of approved courses for this requirement for each exam.

hth
Alan.-

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Sven Aluoor <aluoor_at_gmail.com> wrote: Hi folks

Did anyone use the self-study CD course from Oracle? Is this a valid course for exam? (Oracle requires official training for certification). Does the training software run on Mac OS X (or Linux)? Is this video training recommended (worth the money)?

It's quite expensive (over 1000$) comparing to other training videos on the market.

cheers Sven