Re: How do you refresh your databases?

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:59:53 +0530

is this one time task or going to be periodic one.. database refresh rman duplicate is one way and it will copy entire so exclusion on particular object basis won't be possible

schema refresh is one option..from the source prepare table list and prepare dmps with rows if structure of tables are same on the target empty thosr tables disable constraints, import the data and enable the constraints..if structures are not same those object will throw errors, after refresh, compare schems with toad kind of tool..

trasport tablespace is also an available option..and please check version specific errors or bug history on MOS

thanks..
subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY