Re: stats document links.

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:55:13 -0700

Greg Rahn's blog has some good links/articles. I have seen articles in his blog where he stresses on the importance of stats being representative of the data.
 On a lighter note, I was in similar situation earlier and one of the 'Directors' asked us to collect stats everyday even for a table such as fnd_lookups (data is pretty much static except for big FND patches) - in an apps situation. When I told him stats should be representative and not collected for the sake of collection, he was mad at me and complained to my manager :).
  • Kumar