RE: How do you refresh your databases?

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:40:42 -0400

You might consider using datapump import over a database link. Works for me and you can, via the API (dbms_datapump package) at least, exclude the tables you need to. Course if your not on 11gR2 or better xml schemas are a pain.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:01 PM
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: How do you refresh your databases?

List,

  We have to refresh a QA database from production (to have some real data) but we need to exclude all the PCI/PII from the refresh (it absolutely cannot be copied from Prod to QA). In addition, we have GG replication on Prod so anything we do is subject to that.

  What would be your approach?

  My idea was rman duplicate, but those pci/pii tables rule this out.

Oh, GG cannot be used due to firewall restrictions, we only have database ports and SSH from Prod to QA

any ideas?
Alan.-