[OT] If you have books on your wish list.

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:30:18 +0100

Listers,

Got an email from O'Reilly yesterday, that I am quoting:
> 'Reilly, No Starch Press, and Tidbits will donate all revenues, less author royalties,
> from "Deal of the Day" sales to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
>
> Thanks to the Internet, we understand more deeply than ever that everyone on the planet
> is connected. The disasters that have hit Japan feel close to home, and those of us at
> O'Reilly, No Starch, and Tidbits want to do something to help the Japanese people recover
> and rebuild. We know many of you do, too. Working with the O'Reilly Tokyo office, we will
> ensure that your valued contribution goes to the relief of those most in need. We'll
> update the total amount donated throughout the day, as well as the final amount.
>
> We'll be extending our popular Deal of the Day to include the entire catalog of ebooks and videos from O'Reilly, No Starch, and Tidbits -- yours included. The deal won't go live until 12:01 am PT Tuesday, March 22.

I can't speak for others, but I suspect that most authors will do like me and donate their royalties too.

Therefore, if there are books from these publishers that you plan to buy, today is a good day to do it.

--
Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>