Re: stats document links.

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:32:52 -0400

Joel,

  See note 252597.1 on MOS. My guess is that the stats probably aren't stale.

*"Since in 10g CBO is used, having up to date statistics is so important to generate
good execution plans. Automatic statistics collection job using DBMS_STATS package depends on the monitoring data to determine when to collect statistics
on objects with stale statistics [sic]." *
You can query DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS.

HTH Jay