enq: KO - fast object checkpoint

From: KRISHNA MOORTHY <krish33moorthy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:59:07 +0530

Hi,

We are getting frequently the following error in alert log file.

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 55965 Checkpoint not complete

There are 3 redo log group wirh 50MB. Log swithches are happening at every 2 mins.I have increased DBWR process from 2 to 3.

When we taken an awr report top cpu event is 'enq: KO - fast object checkpoint'

SQL> select sid,program from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or program like '%DBW%';

      SID PROGRAM
---------- ------------------------------------------------

      593 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (CKPT)
      595 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW2)
      596 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW1)
      597 oracle_at_cc.netsvr (DBW0)

SQL> select sid,event,state,p1,p2,p3,seconds_in_wait from v$session_wait where sid in (select sid from v$session where program like '%CKPT%' or program like '%DBW%');

      SID EVENT

STATE                       P1         P2         P3 SECONDS_IN_WAIT

593 control file parallel write WAITING 3 3 3 1 595 rdbms ipc message WAITED KNOWN TIME 22 0 0 1 596 rdbms ipc message WAITING 204 0 0 1 597 rdbms ipc message WAITED KNOWN TIME 300 0 0 26

OS:RHEL4
oracle :10g

Please suggest me on this issue.

Regards