RE: Clusterware 11.2.0.2 - identifying devices

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:12:29 -0000

Good morning,

Just curious - are you not using a multipathing software? I'd be surprised if not... In that case you should not use the raw/physical devices in /dev/rdsk, but rather the pseudo-device the multipathing software creates for you. These you can tame a lot more easily, and partition them to your liking. For Solaris and EMC PowerPath for example (which I use a lot), you could create slice 4 (with proper alignment with the array) spanning pretty much all the disk, and assign this to ASM with a wildcard.

HTH, Martin Bach

http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach