RE: 11g RAC orapw file issue- RAC nodes not updated

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:38:33 -0000

Good morning,

There are two aspects to this, I assume you are referring to the RDBMS $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. This has indeed to be maintained across all cluster nodes. The same for the DR cluster-I have a small script that queries the OCR for all cluster members and uses the passwordless ssh authentication to copy the script across (mental node: need to extend it to deal with data guard :)

For ASM/Grid Infrastructure, things have been simplified - have a look at Harald van Brederode's blog: maintenance/

He says that for Grid Infrastructure the password file should propagate to the local nodes.

Best regards,

Martin Bach