Re: LOB objects

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:42:25 +1100

Just one more addition:

With LOBs, the undo segments are kept in the same tablespace as the LOB. At least all the way to 10gr2 and I suspect it's the same in 11g although I haven't checked.
So if you plan to do lots of updates, get ready for heavy I/O on that tablespace! In one particularly bad case, we actually changed from using an update to a delete followed by an insert: it was faster! But that was in 9i and things might have improved now.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto