Re: [Exadata] How do you use FlashDisk ?

From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne_at_enkitec.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 04:19:35 -0500

Hi Surachart,

The biggest concern for me would be taking space away that could be used as Flash Cache, which is critical for OLTP type work loads. Keep in mind that you'll be duplicating blocks 2x or 3x depending on redundancy setting of the grid disk (normal or high). My going in position would be to use all of the space as Flash Cache. I would only consider creating a grid disk for very high write objects and only if I could demonstrate a real improvement via testing.

Kerry Osborne
Enkitec
blog: kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com