Re: What is Your Idea for optimizing Table Performance?

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:17:39 +0530

I think tables and their types should be decided beofre creating it.. the first column of the table is usually a primary key because of its uniqueness..where as rest of the columns gives more information of the primary key or about other columns in the tables..

the factor 'searching of information on some basis' decides indexes

grouping of tables, indexes, tablespaces, datafiles is usaully from the application, performance, usuages, minimum affordable downtime and hence maintenance point of view (insightful architect and dba can recommend hardware requirement using this info) ..here there is scope for giving added redundanct and it should be allowed only from maintenance and performance point of view and that too if certain objects will have hardly some growth.

architect should recommend (if he/she knows dba tasks) backup recovery and performance gain practices(including table performance, index performance etc) or should decide with dba how to proceed about depending upon the availabilty of man power and dba tasks at client side..

nomination of objects such as tables, indexex, tablespaces, datafiles should give easyness in understanding of these things to a dba, developer and or maintenance technician

these are my view points considering a general ERP kind of application

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY