Re: reproducing errors in phy env

From: Jonathan Intner <jsidba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:46:28 -0400

Hi Joe (et al):

It was suggested at one point, but the need to investigate the error ended for completely different reasons before push-came-to-shove...

I think of this as a rather interesting problem in risk management and one that I've looked at a couple of times in the last few years...it seems to me to boil down to the type of applications that are being run on VMWare. Mission-critical systems? You bet it would be essential to have a fully tested logical-to-physical process available long before it ever became a question in an SR (or TAR to the older folks on the list :); test systems that are used by professors when teaching courses (I noticed the "tufts.edu" in your email address), maybe the flexibility of VMs is more important than the risk.

Just my $.02,

Jonathan