Re: NLS question

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:28:30 +1000

Thanks for that explanation. Clearly there is more to it than meets the eye. Perhaps the story changes again if the inserting clients essentially run on the same server as the database (e.g. via a telnet/ssh client or remote X session) and use bequeath connections rather than SQLNet?

I'd be quite interested to learn more on how character data is handled by the different components of the Oracle stack. Do you know of any publicly available documentation on the topic?

Cheers
Tony