Performance issue with locking which appears to be fixed by increasing system tablespace.

From: Fred Tilly <ftilly_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:10:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All, Was recently asked to look at a performance issue on a customer site. I was not granted access to the server so asked for a statspack report covering a 15 minute period during poor performance. I have shown below what I believe to be the relavent parts in the attached file: Looking at this statspack output I started looking at the code in the application to see why it would be holding locks for a long period of time. While investigating the issue it was apparently resolved by the onsite DBA by increasing the size of the system tablespace. Now what I would like to know is how increasing the size of the system tablespace would impact this type of locking issue ? Thanks Fred