Re: Quoting

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:22:43 +1000

Hi Mark,

Sorry - I didn't intend any slight about your post. What I'm on about is that the list's quote policy often doesn't seem to work properly. Quite a few posts seem to be more than 90% quoted, whilst others (myself included) seem to have to cut parts of the discussion to get the answer through.

Personally I think it's because of HTML content in messages. I suspect that the quote filter cannot process quotes in HTML and so passes all as original text.

Perhaps either the "plain text" etiquette or the maximum quote percentage should be reconsidered...

Cheers,
Tony