Re: Index - Partition design confusion..

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:13:40 -0400

Ok, 7 days. How many records per partition (day)? If there's only 7 days/partitions, is that really too many to scan when you have a query that doesn't specify partition key? What percent of queries will not specify partition key? Is this a warehouse or DSS? If so, can you use parallel query to get the performance you need? (Consider concurrent users and CPU count.)

Lots of questions, perhaps some of them will get you thinking.

Sent from my iPhone