Re: How are you authenticating you applications?

From: <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 04:27:11 +0800

On Thu Mar 10 3:11 , Guillermo Alan Bort sent:

>   Now comes the other side... I'd hate to have to add a logon trigger that
kicks out anyone using TOAD (and an app account), as it would rely on blacklisting or whitelisting either modules, apps, machines or osusers... and would require manual maintenance which is something we are not really willing to do. So... here comes

I don't hate the login trigger. In fact I love it. Combined with a table that defines the correct combinations of user and app and a simple Apex screen that lets managers change what is available from whereand to whom, it is a zero maintenance option for us. And no: triggers are NOT anymore evil than SQL is.

Cheers
Nuno Souto