RE: Process and sessions overhead

From: Jiang, Lu <>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:09:37 -0500

In Oracle 10g dedicated system, by default each connected user session uses 1MB memory.

From: [] On Behalf Of CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP) Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:48 AM
Subject: Process and sessions overhead

What is the memory overhead of increasing processes and sessions ? Say I current have 1000 sessions and I want to increase that to 2000 sessions: how much extra memory would I use assuming no additional processes sessions are really used ?

I used to recall in Oracle 7/8 days that it was a trivial amount- like 8 bytes, or 80 bytes, or something small. But I am not sure I am remembering correctly....