Re: Process and sessions overhead

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:59:04 -0500

I believe each connection uses around 2-3 M.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> "CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP)" <> 3/8/11 11:48 AM >>>

What is the memory overhead of increasing processes and sessions ? Say I current have 1000 sessions and I want to increase that to 2000 sessions: how much extra memory would I use assuming no additional processes sessions are really used ?

I used to recall in Oracle 7/8 days that it was a trivial amount- like 8 bytes, or 80 bytes, or something small. But I am not sure I am remembering correctly….