Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges on view creation. 10.2.0.4

From: David Aldridge <david_at_david-aldridge.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 03:37:06 -0800 (PST)

Hah hah hah ... of course. Doh.

Thanks Toon (and Niall)

________________________________
From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
To: david <david_at_david-aldridge.com>
Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Sent: Mon, 7 March, 2011 11:14:42
Subject: Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges on view creation. 10.2.0.4

David,

Do you have either a direct select privilege or one via PUBLIC on that table?
Cannot be via a role.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:07 AM, David Aldridge <david_at_david-aldridge.com> wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas why a username that can both create a view and can
run a particular SELECT could not create a view based exactly on that SELECT?

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.rulegen.com/am4dp-backcover-text