RE: create user with existing password

From: TJ Kiernan <tkiernan_at_pti-nps.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:30:48 -0600

Since password are hashed, this will take some fancy footwork. I haven't tried this, but the approach seems like a decent candidate
(unless the hashing algos change between versions).

Thanks,

T. J.

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity identified above. If the receiver of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to his/her e-mail address noted above and delete the original message, including any attachments. Thank you.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of P D Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 11:08 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: create user with existing password

Does anybody have a dynamic sql script that pulls user definitions
(including current passwords) into a text file? I need to move users
from a 10g database over to an 11g database. They want to keep their current passwords.