Re: LANfree Backup with RMAN

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:19:30 -0300

I have managed databases backed up with LANFree (and actually restored two of them) and it works flawlessly and considerably reduces the time the backup takes. Your B&R team know what they are doing ;-)

Oh, and you'll still be using TSM, they just configure a different TDPO if I recall and change the server in dsm to the localhost and attach it to a Tape Library with a fiber channel

It will also be nicer for your network as you won't have 17TB flying around... :-P