Re: Just my opinion - the move of MOS to Flash is still a bunch of crap

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:12:25 +0000

[grumpy old man rant]
I had a chat about this with someone from Oracle, who shall remain nameless. Their thoughts (not fact) on it was MOS is a "nice little project" to try out the flash renderer on. Quite small and self contained in terms of functionality. They did a similar thing when then switched from Oracle Portal or APEX, although more successfully that time.

I'm not sure what the true motivation was, but it is obvious that the person who made the decision knows nothing about picking the appropriate technology for the task at hand. MOS is a text based site. I'm interested in reading and writing text in it. Flash has no place there.

The HTML version is better, but still a #fail in my opinion. It tries to much to be like the Flash version. They should remove all the crap and clean it up. Or better still move back to the old APEX version. All it needed was a more modern theme. The functionality was fine as it was.
[/grumpy old man rant]

Cheers

Tim...