Re: Identify blocking session for cursor: pin S wait on X when database is hung

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:44:22 +0200

Yeah, -prelim is awesome. I first learned about this parameter from Jeremiah's blog too.

Btw, what was used before -prelim - people attached to an existing (and ideally idle) server process using a debugger and called ksdhng(), ksudps(), ksudss() functions directly to dump hanganalyze, process-state or systemstate information... This sounds crazy, it actually is crazy, but can at least allow you to dump diagnostic info from a database whic is already hopelessly hung anyway... this used to be documented in metalink as well...

--
Tanel Poder
Oracle Troubleshooting Blog - http://blog.tanelpoder.com