SAP Oracle Database Restore

From: Roger Xu <wellmetus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:08:08 -0600

Hi,

We had a legacy SAP database (2.1 TB) and the people who managed it are all gone. Now I have a task to restore it from tapes.

Sun Solaris 9
Oracle 9i
SAP 40B
NetWorker 7.1 or 7.2
Legato NetWorker Module for SAP on Oracle 2.1 Quantum M1500 tape library
LTO tapes

According to the backup log (/oracle/SID/sapbackup/bebsvyuz.anf), the backup was done on 10/22/2009 and it used 5 tapes. Any idea? My thoughts is:
1) scan all 5 tapes using "scanner -m" command for media index (do I need file index?)
2) use brrestore to restore all the oracle data files 3) use brrecover to recover the database

Am I on the right track? Can you let me know the commands whould be like? I think the brrestore command would be: brrestore -m full -b bebsvyuz.anf ........ how abover recovery?

Thanks,

Roger Xu