powerpath, 11gr2, and ASM on sun Sparc

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:36:50 -0600

Well, our systems guy is having trouble getting the storage configured correctly on Powerpath for or new 11gR2 cluster. His problem is getting the storage to appear in the same position on both nodes, ie slice 1 needs to show up as emcpowera on both nodes a and b, slice 2 as emcpowerb, etc, and he is having trouble getting there.

Can anyone point us to a step-by-step guide for setting this up? Normally I get involved after this step, so I have no idea on how to do it. I searched MOS and didn't find anything. Of course, that may just mean I didnt do the exactly right search...

Note that afaik, asmlib is not available for Sun-sparc, so we cant work around the problem by stamping the disks. I have suggested that he contact EMC support, but he I expect that will take a while.

--
Andrew W. Kerber