Re: ORA-3136 Inbound Connection Time out

From: Michael Boligan <MBoligan_at_quattrowireless.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:37:10 -0500

I saw something similar to this using 10.2.0.4 and AMM in a RAC setting. I was getting these periodically, and noticed that our ETL process was running slow. I traced our ETL process and determined I needed to increase the SGA, as we had new processes running on the database (I was not thinking this was related at all). After increasing the sga, I have not seen the problem again. I am not certain this is what stopped the inbound connection timeout messages, but nothing else changed on the system. If this is what solved the issue. It may be worth looking at the SGA sizing tables in AWR.

Mike