Re: ORA-3136 Inbound Connection Time out

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:58:33 -0800

I have seen this happen on our 11.1.0.7 databases that supports ebiz. I tried playing with the sqlnet.ora parameters that control timeout but you still get these messages. What I noticed is , the volume of these messages increases when there are lot of connections from the application server (like lot of jdbc connections in case of application patches - big patches) - like 60 jdbc connections at the same time (almost) trying to spawn 60 processes. I think the connection fails for the first job (during apps patching) but gets it in the next try and was really not harmful.
  • kumar