RE: Really annoying change to 11.2 sqlplus

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:03:32 -0500

Pete,

        I can just hear the programmers at Oracle howling in protest
"That's expected behavior". And having written a fair number of C and
KSH scripts that handle command line parameters I can understand. It's far easier, and less error prone, to remove code than to put in handlers when you obsolete something. Just cut it out & let the default error handler take it. I will agree though that it's less customer friendly.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader