RE: Really annoying change to 11.2 sqlplus

From: Walker, Jed S <Jed_Walker_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:13:06 +0000

Thank you. In all the years I've used Oracle I'd never tried using sqlplus from a command line in windows, I just always used the GUI version. If it works anything like sqlplus on unix it'll be great.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Walker, Jed S Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:50 AM To: pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com; oracle-l
Subject: RE: Really annoying change to 11.2 sqlplus

Don't you love Oracle! It is amazing how many things you find changed that aren't mentioned in docs or training.

I'm annoyed that they de-frocked the windows sqlplus client in 11g. They needed to have SQLDeveloper ready for prime-time before doing that (my main irk with SQLD is that it still doesn't handle expired passwords, otherwise it is a good tool for SQL)