RE: view columns

From: Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:58:12 -0600

Crud. I supposed I should have checked before I assumed dba_tab_columns only listed tables / materialized views.

Thanks!

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

From: Harel Safra [mailto:harel.safra_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:55 PM To: Stephens, Chris
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: view columns

dba_tab_columns:

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/server.101/b10755/statviews_1180.htm#I1020277

Harel Safra

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com<mailto:Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>> wrote: Version 11.2

I'm looking to write a function that returns true if two sets passed in as arguments are the same. A set can be a table/view/materialized view.

  FUNCTION fcn_ora_hash_compare(obj1 VARCHAR2, own1 VARCHAR2, obj2 VARCHAR2, own2 VARCHAR2) RETURN BOOLEAN;

Getting the column list for tables and materialized views is simple but I don't see a data dictionary view that will give me that info for views.

Does such a data dictionary view exist?

Thanks,
Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.